Sunday 12 April 2015

Day 10: Dingboche to Lobuche


 Overnight the bedroom was really cold, fortunately I managed to stay toasty in my sleeping bag with multiple layers of clothes and trusty hot water bottle! When I woke up I tried to look out of the window, but it was covered in ice, on the inside! However it looked bright and I hoped that was a good sign.
Dave and Joy had had a bad night and decided not to go any further and would trek back to Pangboche with Kamal, one of our porters. A good decision.
Fortunately it was a clear and sunny morning, so Mo and I were encouraged by Prem to go on to Lobouche. 
With 5 layers of clothing I set off on the uphill trail. From now on every step in the snow had to be carefully placed otherwise it would be a fall down a steep drop; so it was slowly slowly.
With the sun on my back and the exertion of the walk, one by one the layers came off until it was just a T shirt and light fleece. 
The total trek time took 5 1/2 hours and was really tough, the thin air was certainly making things harder and so I was very relieved to see the outskirts of Lobouche and our lodge, which should have been called the Igloo Inn - brrrrrrr.
We spent the rest of the day huddled around the solid fuel heater (burning Yak pats!) and exchanging stories with the other trekkers.






No comments:

Post a Comment