Tuesday 14 April 2015

Day 13: Pangboche to Tashinga

It was crystal clear morning with bright blue skies and an astonishing view of Nuptse, Everest, Lohtse and Ama Dablam.What more could you ask on your 65th birthday!

Farewell from the lodge team

The trek took us back through Tenboche with time for a black tea and a let photo of the monastery 

Tenboche to Tashinga is a straightforward down to the river and back up again! As we started the descent we could see that the trekkers coming up looked absolutely shattered and so they should - it's a killer!
We arrived at the lodge in Tashinga by 1pm and ready for lunch. Having the afternoon to 'relax' was a good opportunity to sort out my kit bag. I was very organised when I set off, but now it was a mess. Also I'm running out of clean clothes. I could wash some, but they wouldn't dry - oh well, everyone is in the same condition.
Dinner was momos, veg, chicken and steamed rice and afterwards I was presented with a birthday cake with, much to amusement of my fellow Brits, 4 candles (Ref :The Two Ronnies look it up on You Tube). A round of 'Happy Birthday' and a glass of rum toddy finished off a very different, but very happy birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment