Monday 16 March 2015

I spotted this sign in the centre of Kendal, which is about 4 miles from the village of Levens where we now live. The direction to the right is Scaffel Pike, which at 3,210ft (978m) is the highest mountain in England. I was lucky enough to get to the summit twice last year, both times on glorious sunny days; however it's now time to set off for the direction on the left i.e. Everest. I'm hoping to climb to base camp which is 17,590ft and also Kalar Pattar at 18,209ft. It will be a long way short of Everest's summit of 29,029ft, but it's as far as I can go without getting into a technical climb!
I'll be making as many posts as I can to this blog using my iPhone, so please excuse typos, misspells and poor grammar - it's going to get cold.
I hope you will follow me on the journey and enjoy the amazing country of Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment