Tuesday 14 April 2015

Day 14: Tashinga to Monjo

Yet another sunny morning greeted us (how lucky were we?) and as we set off I could really feel the increased oxygen from the continued loss of altitude.
The first section of the walk was through pine forests en route to Namche. In the opposite direction was an endless line of Yaks, Naks, Zopke, mules and trekkers. It was obvious that the Easter vacation had increased the volume of 'traffic'.
Arriving at Namche we had a welcome black tea at Sherpaland and ordered our lunch - fried eggs and chips again, sometimes all you need is plain food!
The last time we walked through Namche I spotted the security at the bank i.e. a guard with a 2 bore shotgun. Prem said that he knew the guard and that we should have our photo taken with the gun! (un) fortunately the bank was closed and the photo op missed.
Back on the trail after lunch, we started the very steep descent to Monjo. Walking down I was amazed that I ever reached the top! Some of the people we passed going up looked like the would never make it - but there is no alternative, you just have to dig deep and persevere.
After another 3 very swaying suspension bridges 

we finally arrived at Monjo and tonight I decided I would have a few beers with a grand Nepali Dahl Bhat, just to get my strength up for the 15th day of trekking, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment